Film 4: Post Production Lab
with Marcus Cisneros
Post Lab is a workshop where experienced members who have gone through the editing 1A Premiere Pro course or who have intermediate knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro will be able to produce content related to the short films completed during the summer, Disposable and Maritza's Maiz. Members will build off of their existing Premiere Pro knowledge and will be instructed on more advanced video editing techniques such as using motion graphics templates, color grading and more. The post production lab will also serve as the primary post production meeting for updates of the short films.
The purpose of this workshop is for members to come in with intermediate video editing experience and come out completing a project that will be featured as a series of content that will help market the short films. Members will also experience what it is like to be a part of a post production content marketing team, how the post production process works and what goes into marketing a film/product. Should a student complete the workshop, they will understand an intermediate knowledge of video editing technique as well as editing theory, video structure, content marketing and other digital media related concepts.
- Start -- and finish -- an entire project by creating a project workflow. You’ll also learn project management skills to keep you on track and on task.
- Plan, Edit and Deliver a polished micro documentary on the short films
- Participate in feedback discussions on cuts of member projects.
- Use Premiere Pro and/or Adobe After Effects to create digital video content
- Gain knowledge of the post production process of filmmaking.
- Navigate user interface of adobe premiere pro
- Import and organize footage
- Cut footage according to video type
- Import, design and mix audio
- Apply filters and transitions to clips
- Color correct and grade footage
- Export your project
- Intermediate knowledge is Premier pro is a must
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Additional training and support available through scheduled online support sessions from the instructor.
- Members who participate may qualify for a working laptop equipped with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of software from the Digital NEST.
- This is a part of a series of training in the DA+T Film and Video Program. Your instructor will go over the program in detail the first week of instruction, and will send out the registration link to those interested in participating.
- Attend all workshop sessions
- Participate in live tutorials
- Deliver project updates on time
- Deliver projects, project files and video exports according to deadlines
Sep 21 - Nov 30th, 2021
Tue from 3:30 - 5:00 pm
For more info, call us at 8317226378