Filter by Category
DAT: Graphic Design 2A - Content Creators
with Mayra Ruiz-Valtierra
Have fun creating graphic design content with a group of creatives! Take what you learned in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and apply them to create portfolio pieces like posters, social media marketing content, logos, and much more. You’ll also learn to practice communicating with clients, how to complete projects with a deadline, and in the end, have a solid portfolio to show to future clients.
Members interested in joining should have a basic understanding of how to use Adobe Illustrator, Adobe photoshop
PPL: Project Management Meetup
with Xitlali Cabadas
Making an idea come to life is a science and an art that anyone can master. You can develop the skills needed to be able to do that with your own projects and projects that require a team. A little time management, goal setting, team management, and planning is all you need and you can start off by coming to this meetup.
- All invited, no experience necessary
DAT: Cinematography 2
with Marcus Cisneros
Cinematography is the art of photography and visual storytelling in a motion picture or television show. Cinematography comprises all on-screen visual elements, including lighting, framing, composition, camera motion, camera angles, film selection, lens choices, depth of field, zoom, focus, color, exposure, and filtration.
This workshop is to prepare members to join the crew of the cinematography departments in our yearly short film projects, prepare them to join BizzNEST and create their own short films. Positions for the short film projects include Director of photography, camera operators, camera assistants, Gaffer, Grips, Electric technicians, colorists and many more.
Members will learn:
- Jobs they will be preparing for (for LMS)
- Director of Photography/Cinematographer
- Storyboard Artist
- Pre-Viz Artist
- Production Assistant
- Camera Operator
- 1st Assistant Camera
- 2nd Assistant Camera
- Camera Department Production Assistant
- Digital Media Specialist
- Best Boy Electric
- Lighting Department Production Assistant
- Key Grip
- Grip Department Production Assistant
- Are there prerequisites?
- Preferred: Cinematography 1
- Are there eligibility requirements?
- High school seniors are welcomed to participate, college members preferred. Must be available to film in late may early June to participate in the Production Lab.
- What is the next training in the series?
- Film 3 - Summer Production Lab
WIT: Tech Squad (W)
with Mayra Ochoa
Join Tech Squad, a team that is dedicated to advancing Digital NEST’s mission of providing access to technology for all and helping you break into possible careers in tech.
As a part of Tech Squad in Watsonville, you will learn how to manage and track technical equipment, troubleshoot hardware and software computer issues and work on a community project all from the outlet. You'll be able to impress and help your family and friends with your newfound tech savviness! Most Importantly, you will find an accepting and supportive community that will help you grow and develop high technical skills, and that will connect you to the world of technology.
Members will learn:
- Entry-level customer service skills
- Essential project management
- Applicable technical skills
- No prerequisites
- Eligibility requirements: Must be Digital NEST member
- The training will be in person at the Watsonville Digital NEST site