Filter by Category
DAT: Pre-Production Lab
with Genevieve Rico
The lab exposes members to project management for filmmaking through the roles of the Producer and Director and their relationship to the crew and cast. The lab is meant for highly motivated individuals who are looking for a career in the film and media industry. Members will learn how to schedule and plan a short film, how to work with cast and other crew members, and how to creatively and visually tell a story.
- Script breakdowns, scheduling, casting, crew on-barding, budgeting , location scouting, artistic planning, and fundraising strategies for the short film.
- Art Direction, cinematography, storyboarding, floor plans, lighting plans, shot list.
- Working with actors and crew to create a short promotional video for fundraising.
- Members will be assigned key roles for the Summer Production such as Producer, Asst. Director, Gaffer, Grip, Camera Operator, Boom Operator, Production Designer, Director of Photography, Script Supervisor, Make-Up, Hair Stylist, etc.
After membres get exposed to the different departments and roles within the department, members will select one of the following departments to work in:
- Camera Department (2A)
- Lighting Department (2B)
- Production Design Department (2D)
- Sound Department (2C)
Please note that only college age students can apply to become a department head meaning you are in charge of spearheading that department.
Are there prerequisites?
Are there eligibility requirements?
High school seniors are welcomed to participate, college members preferred. Must be available to film in late May early June to participate in the Production Lab.
What is the next training in the series?
Film - Summer Film Production Lab
What should you expect?
- Attend all workshop sessions
- participate in live tutorials
- project updates on time
- deliver projects according to deadlines