Filter by Category
WIT : Database Design
with Franco Sanchez
Our world today is heavily technologically driven, and everyday there are massive amounts of information being transferred across different devices, systems, and networks. To the common person, it’s easy to take for granted how accessible, reliable, secure, and efficient data and information is shared between our devices and the internet. This is largely made possible by the critical work of data programmers, architects, and administrators, who design and implement the vast database systems that operate schools, hospitals, banks, airports, and so much more. This workshop will introduce you to the design process deployed in databases, and explore database management systems such as MySQL. By the end you should be able to craft a simple database system that deploys information efficiently and reliably.
- You will need to install the MAMP (free version) program on your computer.
- If you are in need of a computer, the Digital NEST will provide you one with all necessary programs already installed.
- This training will be broadcasted across all Digital NEST centers. That means that you can attend in-person from any site. The primary hosting site will be in Salinas.
- Salinas Center: 210 Salinas St., Salinas CA 93901
- Watsonville Center: 318 Union St., Unit B, Watsonville CA 95076
- Weekly reminder texts will be sent to you as courtesy. You are welcomed to opt-out of them.
- If you are not a member of the Digital NEST please complete the Membership Registration Form, and turn in the signed Membership Consent Form.
- Please register on the Google Classroom for this class here
- Beginner friendly; no programming experience is required