Filter by Category
WIT: Game Development w/ Unity
with Robert Booth
This fun game was first introduced at Unity’s huge annual conference Unite back in 2015. It is a great introductory game development project and will get students very comfortable working in the Unity IDE. The game is a two player game with each player controlling a comically large tank in a great environment. The project comes with all the resources needed to create the game.
Members will learn how to:
- Set up and configure game objects.
- Add movement functionality to the tanks and will add audio and visual effects as well.
- Set up colliders and through C# scripts they will create in Visual Studio how to code collision detection produced events.
- Create the heads up display (HUD) elements.
- Cause projectiles to be fired and how to add explosions.
- Use cameras in Unity and how to create an orthographic view that scales dynamically.
- No experience required!
- Eligibility requirements: Must be Digital NEST member