Filter by Category
DAT: Acting Lab I
with Andres Mercado
Ready to become a movie star? In this training we will learn the fundamentals of script analysis, character development, and on-camera acting through scene study, monologues, and a variety of exercises.
Additional Information: Open to all members, recommended for new members. Highly recommended for Connect Crew and Events Unit members. This training can be taken more than once.
DAT: Acting Lab II: Rehearsals for Short Film
Description: Members interested in acting for our summer film must go through our audition process in order to be casted for a role. Register for this training and we will send you a follow-up communication where you can schedule a time slot, and receive more information about our summer film project when it becomes available in early December. This year’s short film, Maritza’s Maize, will focus on a young girl who must complete a set of 3 challenges in order to return to her home of Aztlan.
Additional Information: Members must audition to participate in rehearsals. Please read the following before registering to receive more information:
- Auditions will begin in February and run through March
- Must have a 1-3 minute monologue memorized for your audition (check this site for a monologue)
- Rehearsals will run from April 6 - May 15 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4pm - 6pm (we can work with your schedule if you are casted)
- Final rehearsals will run from June 8 - July 10 (schedule will be determined based on director and actors availability during this period)
- Production will run from July 13 - July 31 (must be available during this time frame to participate)